Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Completed my 120mm scale SS Figure

The base in progress
Testing the fit
The last few days I decided to really focus on this piece. I puttied up a bunker, added a few sandbags, some balsa wood planks and created a vignette base. I got some old barbed wire PE from my very healthy scraps bin and wrapped it around a post.



Finally, I printed a nice title card and finished.

I'm so glad this guy is finished. After more than a year of him hanging out in the fringes of my work space, I have to wonder what took me so long. Sometimes a project just loses momentum, and you have recommit to finishing it. 

So my advice to any of you who have that old kit or figure laying around the workshop, go pick it up again and get over your artist's block. 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment