Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Millennium Falcon AMT Kit




After joining a few Sci-Fi Model Communities on Google+, I was inspired to dig up some old pics of the Millennium Falcon I did a few years back. The kit is by AMT, and it seems to be a bit rare now. You can still get it through Amazon, and though it's pricey, it's really nice if done up right.

It has a cut away that let's you look right into the all the great rooms we loved from the movies. Even the chess table made famous by Chewbaca and R2 is there. There's also a forward engineering area with all manner of Falcon innards. I added a few extra wires to mine just to give a bit of detail.

     


The chess table was quite a bit of work to paint but it makes the interior I think.

I added some spare wires to a wall insulating tube for a greater cut-away effect and there it is.











No comments:

Post a Comment