Thursday, January 14, 2016

A set back and a new beginning for Geek House Creations

This past week was a bit of a rollercoaster for Geek House Creations. It began with a setback when I found that my Etsy store had been suspended for violating Etsy's rules on posting prop guns. In all the time, it took me to read a tersely worded email, my shop was history and I had to plead with the forces that be for them to reinstate my shop. Without going into too many details, suffice it to say that Etsy's infamous Integrity Team took exception to a few of my listings and suspended the whole shop. I finally got them to unsuspend my shop, but not before deciding that regardless of Etsy's ease of use and built in customer base, I didn't want to spend the next year or two building a shop that I ultimately didn't own and being at the mercy of some faceless Integrity Team. So the big news is that I'm moving to a new stand alone Shop site at www.geekhousecreations.com

This site will allow me to sell a wider and more diverse set of products, including the entire Denix line like this amazing "Mare's Leg" Repeater, without having to worry whether I'm complying with anyone else's rules. I'll soon be offering discounts, special offers, and perhaps even a contest or two. It's a bit daunting to start a whole new site with no built in audience and trying to convince my old customers to feel safe in the new site, but in the long run it will prove worthwhile for both my customers and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment